To find out how to get the best value from your construction project
The National Association of Construction Frameworks (NACF) is a voluntary membership body of public sector officers, working together to drive innovation and improvements in quality, efficiency, and sustainability in the built environment.
NACF frameworks are exclusively owned and managed, ‘by the public sector, for the public sector’ and are recognised by the Local Government Association and the Cabinet Office as setting best-practice standards in our sector.
Formed in 2014, we collectively deliver c£7billion of publicly funded projects annually across England, Wales, and the wider UK. Members are wholly committed to providing equitable employment and training opportunities, supporting SME businesses, and delivering tangible socio-economic impact at the heart of our local communities.
Our public not-for-profit status means we play a unique and impartial role, working with industry, the supply chain, professional & trade bodies, academia, and central and local government, to share knowledge, promote fair-play and affect progressive policy change.
Actively involved in shaping the future of the construction sector and improving public procurement, we collaborate on a host of national initiatives with the Construction Leadership Council and Constructing Excellence, and were key contributors to the Government Construction Strategy, The Construction Playbook, Value Toolkit, and Constructing the Gold Standard: An Independent Review of Public Sector Construction Frameworks.
Working with the University of Cambridge and leading academics in industry, we have jointly developed challenging environmental metrics for the construction sector through the Achieving Net Zero Carbon Reduction Code, formally launched by the CLC as part of the Co2nstruct Zero initiative at COP26.
We actively enable the delivery of public sector construction, consultancy and infrastructure through:
- Nationally agreed KPI’s
- Quarterly Market Intelligence
- Leadership BIM for Local Government
- “Effective Frameworks” expertise
- Support for PAS 91
- Industrial strategy support
- National Procurement Strategy
- Supply Chain developments
- Construction cost benchmarking
- Cabinet Office Fair Payment working group
- Enabling social value and innovation through construction
- Maintenance of framework information – central database for regional information
- Support for the Government Construction Strategy
- Sharing of best practice – expertise and knowledge
- National voice – in central and local government
Management and measurement
- Contractor workload and performance
- Demonstration of benefits to public bodies: cost, time, sustainability and social value
Innovation and development
- Best in class design, procurement and delivery